comment

Leave me some love with a comment!

Monday, October 31, 2011

NOVEMBER?!?!

Erin's on the left, Phill's on the right
Hello! To celebrate the end of October, Phill and I carved pumpkins for the first time since FOREVER. November has arrived just way too fast, I don't know where the time has gone.

I am still completely enamored with pumpkin and have a few new experiments to share with you :-) Before I do that though, I'll just give you a quick update on what new and exciting things November will bring.

This month I am leading a Beth Moore study on the fruit of the Spirit. Please pray that I will enter this with a humble heart, looking only to know Jesus more and invite other women into the same. I'm not sure how this is going to go but I look forward to seeing how every unfolds. Along with this, I will be getting training through the Pregnancy Center, where I have been volunteering, to speak to kids in the local high schools about healthy relationships, abstinence, and services provided at the center. I may also get to go and be a speaker at a high school. I am SO excited about this opportunity to get to be involved with teens again, even if only for a few days. I am praying that God gives me new insight and compassion through this. Again, I want to be going into this with humility and expectation that I will know more of God's love.

Pumpkin Scones

 These are FANTASTIC! I have made them 3 times in the last two weeks (don't worry, once was for Phill's class so we didn't eat all of them!). They are not as hard or dry as normal scones because of the pumpkin, but I love these. The only thing I did differently than the recipe is 1.) I messed around with cutting up the dough because they come out to be a lot of very skinny triangles if you do it her way  2.) I only had to bake them for about 10 minutes, so check often  3.) These are great without frosting...and I didn't want to ruin them with too much sweetness so I only made the spiced frosting and lightly drizzled it on top.














Pumpkin Gobs (or Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Halved)

Before I even show a picture let me explain the obnoxiously long description above. I made them too large and would have only had 10 very large whoopie pies, which is not enough to share with our small group and way too many to keep around here. So I pulled them apart and called them Pumpkin Gobs instead. I also used WAY less frosting than the recipe calls for...I'm pretty sure I ended up tossing half of it.

Not a cookie, not bread, not cake....just tasty

With a little extra cinnamon on top for the spice lovers like me :-)
Well friends, I hope you had a fantastic October and are looking forward to the adventures of November!

Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love