comment

Leave me some love with a comment!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Erin's Excellent Enchiladas

Today, I am thankful for forgiveness. It is amazing how asking, receiving, and giving forgiveness from or to someone allows for great healing and renewal.  I asked for forgiveness yesterday from a friend and it has really helped me pull out of a "woe is me," super selfish attitude. Thank you Jesus for bringing me to a place where I can genuinely ask for forgiveness when I have wronged someone and for providing me with the humility to also forgive.

Recently, Phil and I have been trying to eat foods that give us good energy and encourage us to live a healthy lifestyle. We choose to eat as much fresh food as possible without preservatives, a lot of protein, etc. If you want more info on the specifics of our food choices, you can look up Paleo or Primal diets. Within the last year, we have been struggling with eating this way because it means cutting out a lot of our staple foods such as pasta, bread, any grainy or gluteny foods, etc. We felt at first very limited (and myself sort of bitter) in our choices of meals and snacks so we bought a few cookbooks to help broaden our food-rizons. I have gotten to experiment with a lot of great recipes that are SUPER healthy and tasty.


This meal turned out to be Phil's favorite so far. It was meant to be tortilla soup...but turned out to be Excellent Enchiladas with a side of Cauliflower Rice and Refried Beans (and no refried beans are not Paleo but DELICIOUS!). They are super easy to make and very very tasty. Here's a quick ingredient list:

~2.5 lbs chicken (breast or other)
~as much onion as you like
~as much celery as you like
~as many carrots as you like
~1 can of enchilada sauce (28ish oz)
~a little chicken stock if you don't want super strong enchilada sauce flavor
~3-4 cloves garlic
~1/2 a lemon's juice
~cayenne pepper for heat
~garlic powder
~black pepper
~salt
~cumin
~Let it sit in the crock pot 6-8 hours and you have tasty enchiladas. 
~Serve with avocado and cilantro...and of course cauliflower rice and refried beans.

If you want to know how to make Cauliflower Rice, I would be happy to share...but this blog is already getting long :-)

Below is an example of a not so awesome recipe...Eggs Houses where the house is a tomato. Blech.


I love you!

Recipes thanks to http://everydaypaleo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love