comment

Leave me some love with a comment!

Friday, July 22, 2011

One foggy morning

This is a glimpse of the Monterey Peninsula across the bay. I can get to this beach in a 5 minutes drive and a 2 minutes walk. It is pretty awesome! The last two mornings I have come to this beach to watch the HUMONGOUS waves...or at least they're bigger than I've ever seen. At times they were almost 6ft high (I had to look this up to know for sure...)!

It had been a very foggy morning but when I took this picture the sun had just started to poke through. If you look in the picture though, you can see the fog starting to roll back in. As I drove home from the beach, I watched it creep over those green hills filling all the space between the trees slowly.

I am getting to see and experience so many new and beautiful things here. I am not able to study in the program with Phil, but I have started to teach myself French which is fun. Practicing the accent is both hilarious and super frustrating. Sometimes I sit there saying the same word or phrase over and over 50 times and by the end I still sound like something's severely wrong with me. I haven't found a job yet slash I haven't decided what type of job I'd like. Please pray that God would provide me with patience and joy in waiting and that I would continue to hold out this job situation to Him with open hands.

Here are some more pictures :-) I love you!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started this up again! I'm updating mine regularly too, but it is mostly about being a campus minister, so it isn't totally personal. But, it is still about my life! bashelton.tumblr.com (not Bash Elton, as someone pointed out to me lol). Anyway I look forward to reading more about your new adventure in Monterrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin love that I can keep connected with your guys life through your awesome blog!! I love the pictures :) will be praying for clarity on the job front!! Love ya and thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love